Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Project 1 Reading Response1:

In Wong’s book, chapter 9 focuses on Contrast, and how it can strengthen a designer’s visual composition. He shows how different textures can enhance any composition. Whether it is the density of color, shapes, uses of textures…etcetera. Contrasts can be found anywhere. I also noticed in reading about contrast it helped me with my book. I show a decent amount of contrast through my dots….
In Megg’s Type and Image Book, He talks about Designing and transforming images to make them more readable. It’s about being clever at what you do, and how you do it….And one way to accomplish this goal is learning to transform images to make them more responsive by changing certain aspects of the original image. Maybe to create a story behind it.
In the Dondis reading, It focuses on visual techniques…some of these elements used as we learned previously in class are instability, asymmetry, symmetry, and balance, which are used to help design something visually forceful.

1 comment:

  1. You state, "I show a decent amount of contrast through my dots…". Be more specific in describing how and why, and post a few examples from your work that do this.

    ReplyDelete