Friday, October 23, 2009

Project Three: Final Statement

When this project first started off, in our groups I really didn’t understand why we were making different line studies and such, until we really started getting into it. I started to understand that it wasn’t just learning about different lines, for me I learned that the simplest composition can change just by tweaking it. It gives it a whole new look. I learned about lines from straight, angled, curved, horizontal, or vertical, they all move through space differently and they can make any composition seem as if it’s running on forever. It’s great to study the significance of lines, that’s all I do now ever since the star of this project with our photo safari I have just been seeing lines all about the city, I’m sure like all of the rest of my peers, I no longer see just buildings, roads, grass, trees, light poles stop signs, I see beautiful lines this project really gets a person looking into architecture, or the structure of objects and how they move along in space.


The focus on my book was the plaza and crossroads districts. I randomly chose them to be the main focus on my book it wasn’t planned. Aside from that this book gets into the alleyways, and takes a closer look at buildings, the close-up on store windows, the progression of a fence, and looking up into the sky all of the wiry cross-hatched power lines down in the heart of the city. I really tried to pair my photos with the best line studies my partners and I had came up with in the very beginning of this project. I wanted to give off a sense of fluidity for every juxtaposition. Some lines and objects flow the same directions pointing the same way. This book for me gives off two differences, kind of like ying and yang. There are parts of the book that shows off very nice elegant lines from buildings and structures to some of the gritty cross-hatches and dark deep places.

Going back to my original line studies, I used some manipulated photos that were used to get angles from the projector, and the scanner. With those I had to vector, and redo to help with getting the right juxtaposition to flow correctly. I would have to say that I lover learning new tactics on learning how to correct lines and purposely manipulate with your hands. I will definitely have to work on my curve practice.

The process in making this book was very challenging. Especially for someone that has a big issue with craft. I tried to be so careful when measuring and cutting every single piece; I really couldn’t help but take forever. I can’t tell you how many times I had to cut measure and re cut and only choose the best for my book. Like my juxtapositions I had a lot of refining and reworking to do but in the end I really think I cam out with something nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment